Username:   Password:   
Home  Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Eagles International
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The Model Warbird Collector Forum Forum Index » Miscellaneous WWII Aircraft Threads Goto page 1, 2  Next    
Laughing Gravy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote

I'm surprised there is no EI thread here. Some of the prettiest P-51s ever.
Laughing Gravy is offline View user's profile Send private message
PBRStreetgang

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote

Laughing Gravy wrote:

Dude I am hoping I think I know who you are. Wink Laughing

Yeah, ya right though, the EI Mustang is just grouse. Its own section maybe of benefit.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote

As Scrooge said to Marley's ghost, "There is more gravy than grave of you; methinks!"
PBRStreetgang wrote:
Laughing Gravy wrote:

Dude I am hoping I think I know who you are. Wink Laughing

Yeah, ya right though, the EI Mustang is just grouse. Its own section maybe of benefit.
FlightLDR429

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote

Laughing Gravy wrote:

When setting up sections I went to the D.H.P. and looked at the number of posts and when the threads were written. Anything less than 10 threads or threads / posts more than six months old showed me this manufacturer was somewhat dormant. EI fell into the category. I'm not going to create a section if it isn't going to be used for more than a couple of threads with little or no posting in it. Remember, this isn't just a diecast forum and it never was meant to be a D.H.P. / D.A.F. copy cat. If enough guys want an EI section, we can add it. Until then, it can fit here in miscellaneous threads.

I don't have any of these models. but photos I've seen look like these are nice P-51s. Pictures would be nice too.
brunowbe

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote

Here's a couple of pics of the EI 'Stangs I currently have in my stable (couldn't help the pun).

First up is Ding Hao! This was my first EI and my favorite of the bunch. It's a unique bird in that it has both Nazi and Jap kill markings on it:

Next up is the RAF Polish Mustang flown by a pilot whose name I cannot spell so I am not going to try. I picked this one up from the Mule when they had them for under $40 a piece (those were the days), the camo and markings on this one are fantastic and it makes for a very interesting looking P51, enjoy:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for those great pics, brunowbe. Very Happy

Big fan of the EI Mustangs, with not a bad one in the bunch. A real quality model, with the only issue being getting the wing and fuselage join tight. Although the "Patty Ann" bluenoser does have a problem with the paint cracking slightly for some reason. And thankfully, EI decided to do the early versions, with a mix of canopies, and not the D version.

Another thing that I like about the EI Mustangs is that there is a real mix of personal favourites. No run away winner. My pick would be "Ina,the Macon Belle", but they are all nice.

Snake is offline View user's profile Send private message
Laughing Gravy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote

Gee, I don't know Mr. Snake. The wheel on that landing gear looks ENORMOUS!
Snake wrote:

Big fan of the EI Mustangs, with not a bad one in the bunch. A real quality model, with the only issue being getting the wing and fuselage join tight. Although the "Patty Ann" bluenoser does have a problem with the paint cracking slightly for some reason. And thankfully, EI decided to do the early versions, with a mix of canopies, and not the D version.

Another thing that I like about the EI Mustangs is that there is a real mix of personal favourites. No run away winner. My pick would be "Ina,the Macon Belle", but they are all nice.

Snake

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote

Laughing Gravy wrote:
Gee, I don't know Mr. Snake. The wheel on that landing gear looks ENORMOUS!
Snake wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, it looks bigger in the picture than it does in person.

And most importantly, it rolls. Wink

cuban8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote

Tuskegee Lt. Lee "Buddy" Archer, 302nd F.S., 332nd F.G., 15th A.F. P-51B 'Mustang,' 1:48 scale, "Ina the Macon Belle"

Just the other day, I received EI’s ‘Ina the Macon Belle’ P-51 which I purchased on eBay for $89.95 plus shipping. I can truly understand and appreciate why so many collectors agree that this absolutely gorgeous ‘Mustang’ is one of, if not the “best of the bunch” and I concur! I could make a “laundry list” of all the attributes of this model, but I think we already know why the Eagles International ‘Mustangs’ are at the top.

Are these P-51 die-cast replicas perfect... certainly not, because of some well known issues with the models. But compared to other 1:48 'Mustangs,' the positives and details clearly make-up for the few shortcomings.

Now it’s time, to get a few more of these wonderful die-cast 'Mustangs' and add them to the collection.

Photos from OMI

Tony

Last edited by cuban8 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
cuban8 is offline View user's profile Send private message
cuban8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote

P-51B Mustang Mk.III 1/48 Die Cast Model; Sqn. Leader Eugeniusz Horbaczewski, Polish RAF

This amazingly detailed and limited edition, 1/48 die-cast model of the Mustang Mk.III flown by 16˝-victory ace Eugeniusz Horbaczewski - the commander of RAF No. 315 (City of Deblin) Polish Fighter Squadron in 1944 - is a real beauty!

Just last week, I received my second installment of these EI 'Mustangs' from HA and I couldn’t have said it better myself, what a “beautiful looking die-cast.” And for $59.95 plus shipping, you get a free Osprey copy of ‘RAF Mustang and Thunderbolt Aces’ to go with the model. Difficult to pass-up a deal like this, from these folks. My first was 'Ina the Macon Belle,' and still my favorite, but this 'Polish Mustang' is a real cracker! The camo paint and tampo graphics are superbly applied, and it's what makes this P-51, a sure stand-out.

Photo from OMI

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote

"Shangri-La," Capt. Don Gentile, P-51B 'Mustang' 43-6913, 336th FS, 4thFG 8th AF, 27.16 kills, 19.83 in P-51's

Last week, 'Shangir-La' arrived and I've read where other collectors have stated... that when they think of an early P-51B, they see it as being painted in the 'old school' olive drab colors. This one, is a very nicely done representation of one of those early 'Stangs.'

'Shangri-La,' is not a complex decorated 'Mustang,' but the markings, colors and graphics work extremely well together on this aircraft. You gotta love the additional "personal touch" of the 'Crew Chief' painting the main landing gear wheels 'red,' to match the prop spinner and cowl.

Now, I have three EI 'Mustangs' in the hangar... 'Ina the Macon Belle,' 'The Polish' version and 'Shangri-La.' The 'Belle' is still my favorite, but it's a "toss-up" between the other two. It's a good thing having this kind of a dilemma!

Photo from OMI

Tony

Location: 8th Air Force region; Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, ENGLAND
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote

brunowbe wrote:

Next up is the RAF Polish Mustang flown by a pilot whose name I cannot spell so I am not going to try.

I picked this one up from the Mule when they had them for under $40 a piece (those were the days), the camo and markings on this one are fantastic and it makes for a very interesting looking P51, enjoy:

'

So upset Ben...... woulda been fun seeing you TRY to attempt the spelling !!!!!!!!!!
(me, I'd've given up after Horba' Mr. Green ...... oh & maybe tacked a "ski" on the end)

Those pix you posted of James Howard's "Ding Hao" are (IIRC) the first I've ever seen of an individual forumite's post (of that bird).

So utterly astonishing to think that you paid a mere $40.00 for such a quality & class piece of diecast ~ gotta be one of the best bargains ever, as in "new" from a dealer ?

Tony, glad to see you finally got "Shangri-La" ~ for me, it's "the" definitive Razorback
Wink

'
Hornchurch is offline View user's profile Send private message
cuban8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Hornchurch wrote:
Tony, glad to see you finally got "Shangri-La" ~ for me, it's "the" definitive Razorback
Wink

Kevin,

Thank you Sir, I'm glad to have it in the barn and your point is very well taken. 'Shangri-La,' is one gorgeous looking bird!

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Hornchurch"]
brunowbe wrote:

Those pix you posted of James Howard's "Ding Hao" are (IIRC) the first I've ever seen of an individual forumite's post (of that bird).

So utterly astonishing to think that you paid a mere $40.00 for such a quality & class piece of diecast ~ gotta be one of the best bargains ever, as in "new" from a dealer ?

Wink

'

I know $40 was a steal, especially when I think of how much I spent on Ding Hao including shipping........ a whole $10 more.............. I was less frugal at those times. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote

Shangri La is another great EI Mustang.

Hell, they are all good.

Can see you getting all 6, Tony. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic The Model Warbird Collector Forum Forum Index » Miscellaneous WWII Aircraft Threads Goto page 1, 2  Next